Spa Hotel Pro Patria - Medical services
How does Medical Spa work?
World-famous Spa Piešťany owes its reputation mainly to the remarkable natural springs, the unique healing potential of which has been verified by hundreds of generations, both in the distant as well as in recent past. The "crutch breaker", the famous symbol of Spa Piešťany, is a very accurate expression of the healing nature of Piešťany's natural phenomenon. The real idea behind the crutch breaker is not at all exaggerated, because a crutch is something which becomes redundant for many of our patients after treatment. This was the case in the past and is the same nowadays, and we will do our best to ensure that this remains true in the future as well.
Natural healing sources
The unique healing sources are the reason why people have come to Piešťany for centuries, and this is also the reason why the spas were created here. The healing effects of the local thermal mineral water and sulphur mud were first described by physicians in the 14th century.
Thermal mineral sulphur water
Thermal mineral water in Spa Piešťany has a high content of minerals (1500 mg per litre). The water also contains hydrogen sulphide and other free gases. It springs from tectonics faults from a depth of about 2000 metres. The water temperature of the springs is 67 - 69°C. Its output is around 3 million litres daily.
Sulphur mud is a unique peloid both on a European as well as a world-wide scale. Its base is a homogenised sediment collected in the riverbed of the River Váh, on the site of the current hot springs with sulphuric thermal mineral water.
The mud has important antifungal features. It is prepared for balneology application using original technology, which causes it to mature and regenerate, accompanied by a multitude of chemical and biological reactions. The mature mud has a butter-like consistency, and is greasy, malleable, with good heat conducting features. It cools down four times slower than water, and has a viscosity 350 times higher than water. The mud application temperature is approximately 45°C, and the duration of a partial or total wrap is 20 minutes. The wrap causes a temporary local, as well as total overheating of the body, which depends on the application area of the wrap. The mud wrap causes the reduction of local swellings around joints, reduction of muscle tension, and better nutrient supply to cartilages, connective tissues and intervertebral discs. It strengthens anti-inflammatory activity and immune processes within the body, preventing the degradation of elastine, collagen and hyaluronane, thus improving the functions of cartilage, connective tissues and joint movement.
Rheumatic inflammatory disorders (rheumatic arthritis, Bechterew's disesase; soft tissue rheumatism, fibrositis, fibromyalgy), degenerative non-inflammatory rheumatic disorders (erosion, metabolic arthropathies – gouty arthritis, premature aging of the musculoskeletal system), neural disorders (sciatica, CB - syndrome, nerve paralysis, posture disorders of the skeletal system) orthopedic disorders (scoliosis, spine deformations, post-surgery and post-traumatic disorders of the musculoskeletal system).
Infectious diseases, cardio-respiratory system failure, acute thrombophlebitis, acute inflammatory rheumatic diseases, metastatic tumours, acute psychosis, labile diabetes with repetitive acidity, pregnancy, addiction to alcohol or other habitual drugs, incontinence, states requiring care by a third person, epilepsy with frequent seizures.
Therapeutic services and treatments
Spa physician consulting rooms, as well as most of the therapeutic services, are situated directly in the hotel. However, some curative treatments are offered in Spa Napoleon, only a few meters from the hotel.
Medical treatments at Spa Hotel Pro Patria
Medical spa offers at Spa Hotel Pro Patria
Book the spa stay Taste of Piešťany for min. 4 nights and get 1 night free!
4 September 2016 - 13 April 2017
This spa stay is for those who would like to enjoy and havea taste of the unique treatments of Spa Piešťany.
- Accommodation with half board (4-7 nights)-1night free: buffet breakfast, dinner
- Minimum stay: 4 nights
- It is not availiable to combine offers
- Doctor’s Consultation
- Healing treatments: relaxation programme including treatments stated below:
4 nights - 6 treatments per stay
1x Thermal bath (Mirror pool), 1x Local mud pack, 1x Partialmedical massage, 1x Hydrotherapy / Thermal bubble bath, 1x Salt cave / Oxygen inhalation, 1x Nordic walking / Group therapeutic exercise
5 nights - 8 treatments per stay
2x Thermal bath (Mirror pool), 1x Local mud pack, 2x Partial medical massage, 1x Hydrotherapy / Thermal bubble bath, 1x Salt cave / Oxygen inhalation, 1x Nordic walking / Group therapeutic exercise
6 nights - 9 treatments per stay
2x Thermal bath (Mirror pool), 1x Local mud pack, 2x Partial medical massage, 1x Hydrotherapy / Thermal bubble bath, 1x Saltcave / Oxygen inhalation, 2x Nordic walking / Group therapeutic exercise
7 nights - 11 treatments per stay
2x Thermal bath (Mirror pool), 1x Local mud pack, 2x Partial medical massage, 3x Hydrotherapy / Thermal bubble bath, 1x Salt cave / Oxygen inhalation, 2x Nordic walking / Group therapeutic exercise
Standard Surcharge for Christmas Eve.
Accommodation where the offer is available
|Spa Hotel Pro Patria **
||from EUR 47
Accommodation, full board, doctor examinations, medical report at the end of stay, laboratory tests, up to 18 treatments per week based on doctor’s prescription.
11 April 2016 - 13 January 2018
This spa stay is aimed at pain relief, improvement of stiffness, mobility and other symptoms associated with diseases of musculoskeletal system. Recommended length of stay is 2 weeks.
- Accommodation with full board: buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Doctor and health examinations: (initial and final) with a special emphasis on disorders of the musculoskeletal system and related complications
- Doctor visit: 1x per week
- Diagnostics and laboratory tests upon doctor’s prescription: for stays with minimum duration 13 nights
- Medical report at the end of the stay
- Healing treatments: individual therapeutic program with up to 18 treatments per week (7 nights) based on the guest’s health and doctor’s prescription. The program includes 3 active rehabilitation treatments per week such as group exercises or fitness training with fitness trainer.
Our doctors prescribe for all traditional spa stays a selection of treatments from this list each day:
- based on the natural healing resources: Local mud pack, Thermal bath (Mirror pool), Mud pool, Individual thermal mineral bath, Individual thermal bubble bath, Carbon dioxide thermal bath, Underwater traction, Peloitherapy for hands, Hydrotherapy, Parafango
- forms of individual and group rehabilitation: massages - up to 5 massages per week (Partial medical massage, Segment massage, Underwater jet massage), Water rehabilitation, Traction, Group therapeutic exercise, Individual therapeutic exercise, Ergotherapy
- other treatments: Electrotherapy (including Magnetic therapy), Ultrasound therapy, Phototherapy (Laser therapy, Bioptron lamp, Repuls), Hydrotherapy (Underwater jet massage, Whirlpool, Scottish spray, Stepping bath), Paraffin for hands, Local cryotherapy, Dry carbon gas bath, CO2 gas injection, Radial shock therapy, Inhalation, Fitness
Accommodation where the offer is available
|Spa Hotel Pro Patria **
||from EUR 53