When you book directly with Danubius Hotels Group, you can be sure that you are getting the
best publicly available hotel room rates. If you find a lower public
rate anywhere else within 24 hours of your booking time, we will match
the rate plus give you a EUR 30 Discount which can be used for Food
& Beverage and extra services of the hotel during your stay,
1. Data of the Service Provider Danubius Hotel Operation and Services Private Company Limited by Shares Abbreviated name: Danubius Zrt. Seat: 1051 Budapest, Szent István tér 11, Hungary Co. Reg. No.: 01-10-041120 Tax No.: 10219522-2-44 EU VAT No.: HU10219522
CP Regents Park Two Ltd. Seat: CP House, Otterspool Way, Watford WD25 7JP, England Co. Reg. No.: 5307946 EU VAT No.: GB 848957555
Slovenske liecebne kupele Piešťany, a.s./Slovak Health Spa Piešťany, Inc. Abbreviated name: SLKP, a.s. Seat: Winterova 29, 921 29 Piešťany, Slovakia Co. Reg. No.: Obch. reg. KS Trnava, odd. Sa, vlozka č. 181/T EU VAT No.: SK2020389668
SC Balneoclimaterica SA Sovata Seat : Str, Trandafirilor nr. 99, Cod.545500, Romania EU VAT No.: RO1245068 Co. Reg. No: J26/266/1991
2. General Rules 2.1. Present "General Business Terms and Conditions" regulate the use of the lodgings and related services provided by the Service Provider. 2.2. Special, unique conditions do not constitute part of the indicated General Business Terms and Conditions, but do not exclude the drawing up of special agreements with tour operators and organisers from time to time with conditions adjusted according to the type of business.
3. Contracting Party 3.1. The services provided by the Service Provider are used by the Guest. 3.2. In the event that an order for services is placed directly with the Service Provider, the Guest is qualified as the Contracting Party. The Service Provider and the Guest jointly - if the terms and conditions are met - become Contracting Parties (hereinafter Parties). 3.3. In the event that an order for services is placed with the Service Provider by a third party commissioned by the Guest (hereinafter Agent) the terms and conditions of the co-operation shall be regulated by the contract concluded between the Service Provider and the Agent. In this case the Service Provider is not obliged to check whether the representation of the Guest by the third party is lawful.
4. The Contract, the Reservation, Modifications, Obligation for notification 4.1. Upon written or verbal inquiry by the Guest, the Service Provider makes an offer. If no order is placed within 48 hours of sending the offer, the obligation of the Service Provider to honour the offer ceases to be binding. 4.2. The Contract comes into effect when the Service Provider confirms in writing the verbal or written booking of the Guest, and as such is qualified a Contract concluded in writing. Any booking, agreement, modification or the confirmation of these by the Service Provider are not qualified as contracts. 4.3. The Contract on the use of accommodation-services covers a defined period of time. 4.3.1. If the Guest checks out prior to the end of a defined period of time, the Service Provider is entitled to a defined percentage of the value of the service set down in the Contract, as follows:
In case of hotels in Hungary: 100% In case of hotels in Slovakia: 50% In case of hotels in Czech Republic: 100% In case of hotel in United Kingdom: 0% In case of hotels in Romania: 50% of 1 day’s value
The Service Provider is entitled to sell the available room before the contracted period of stay ends. 4.3.2. The Service Provider must approve in advance any extension of the use of the accommodation-service that is initiated by the Guest. In such instances the Service Provider may request the payment of the fee for those services already provided. 4.4. The Contract can only be modified and/or complemented by a written agreement signed by the Parties.
5. Terms of Cancellation 5.1. Unless otherwise stated by the hotel in its offer, the accommodation-service may be cancelled without a penalty payment obligation as long as the following notice periods are observed:
In the case of hotels in Hungary: no later than 4pm local time on the day of arrival In the case of hotels in Slovakia: no later than 21 days prior to arrival In the case of hotels in Czech Republic: no later than 48 hours prior to arrival In the case of hotel in United Kingdom: no later than noon local time on the day of arrival In the case of hotels in Romania: no later than noon local time on the day of arrival
a) If the Contracting Party has not guaranteed the use of the accommodation-services by advance payment, credit card guarantee and pre-authorisation, or any other contractual way, the Service Provider's obligation to provide services shall cease at the following times:
In the case of hotels in Hungary: 4pm local time on the day of arrival In the case of hotels in Slovakia: 6pm local time on the day of arrival In the case of hotels in Czech Republic: 4pm local time on the day of arrival In the case of hotel in United Kingdom: 4pm local time on the day of arrival In the case of hotels in Romania: 6pm local time on the day of arrival
b) If the Contracting Party has committed to the use of the accommodation-services by advance payment, credit card guarantee, or any other contractual way but does not check-in
until 4pm local time on the day of arrival in the case of hotels in Hungary until 6pm local time on the day of arrival in the case of hotels in Slovakia until 6pm local time on the day of arrival in the case of hotels in Czech Republic before 2am local time on the following day in the case of hotel in United Kingdom until 6pm local time on the day of arrival in the case of hotels in Romania
and does not inform the hotel about the late arrival, the Service Provider shall charge a fee set in the contract (but at least the cost of one night's accommodation) as a penalty. In this case the accommodation is reserved for the Contracting Party until 12pm on the day following the arrival day, after which date the obligation of the Service Provider to render services shall cease.
In the case of reservation of products with special terms, group arrivals or events, the Service Provider shall establish different terms set down in an individual Agreement.
Cancellation policy for Slovakian hotels: Health Spa Piešťany Inc. only accepts cancellation in writing. A cancellation free of charge is accepted up to 21 days prior the planned arrival. Unless otherwise agreed, Health Spa Piestany Inc. reserves the right to charge a late cancellation fee as follows:
Number of days before arrival
Spa Stay/Bed & Breakfast
20–14 days before arrival
30% of requested services
13–4 days before arrival
50% of requested services
3 days before arrival
70% of requested services
For room categories Junior Suite, Suite and Superior Suite a different cancelation policy is valid upon agreement.
No financial reimbursement is provided for unused reserved services and changes to reserved services during the client’s stay (e.g. accommodation, boarding, treatments).
In the case of early departure, Health Spa Piešťany Inc. will charge a cancellation fee in the amount of 50% of unused reserved services.
Cancellation policy for Czech hotels: Cancellation is possible anytime before the arrival. For cancellations, sending a written statement is recommended. In case of late cancellation, the following fees will be charged:
Number of days before arrival
27 - 21 days before arrival
5% of requested services
20 - 14 days before arrival
10% of requested services
13 - 7 days before arrival
20% of requested services
6 - 1 days before arrival
50% of requested services
No show without advance notice: 100 % of the requested services. In the case of early departure 100% of the remaining price is charged. No financial reimbursement is provided for unused reserved services and changes to reserved services during the client’s stay (e.g. accommodation, boarding, treatments).
6. Rates 6.1. The hotel room rates (Rack Rate) are displayed in the hotel rooms or the front office of the hotel. The price lists of other services are available at the given hotel departments (restaurant, spa, wellness). 6.2. The Service Provider reserves the right to change its published rates without prior notification. 6.3. When publishing its rates the Service Provider shall indicate the tax content of the rates (VAT, Local Tax) valid at the time of the offer in line with legal regulations. The Service Provider shall transfer all surplus burdens arising from the amendment of the prevailing tax law (VAT, Local Tax) to the Contracting Party following notification thereof. 6.4. You will find discounts, special rates and offers at danubiushotels.com.
7. Payment Terms, guarantee 7.1. The value of the services provided by the Service Provider are to be paid by the Contracting Party following the use of the services and prior to departure from the hotel. However, in the case of a special agreement, it may be possible to make later payment. 7.2. In order to guarantee the contractual use of the services provided and the payment of the value of those services, the Service Provider may:
a) request a credit card guarantee, in the course of which the value of the ordered and confirmed service is blocked on the credit card;
b) request advance payment of the fee in part or in full.
7.3. The Contracting Party can effect payment in:
Hungary: The currency of the invoice issued on related services is HUF, which will be issued according to the Hungarian tax legislation. The amount for services offered, confirmed and used will be calculated in EUR currency, based on the currency exchange rate used by bank of the Service Provider, on the day of the arrival of the guest. The EUR amount will also be indicated on the invoice. Cash payment can be made in HUF, EUR, USD and GBP, while additional currencies can be changed at the hotel reception. The Service Provider accepts certain means of payment other than cash: bank transfer; credit cards: Visa, EC/MC, JCB, Diners Club, American Express.
Slovakia: EUR accepted. Further currencies can be changed at the hotel reception (USD, GBP, RUB, CZK). Credit cards: Visa, EC/MC, JCB, Diners Club, American Express. Cheques, travellers’ cheques and advanced bank transfer accepted.
Czech Republic: EUR and CZK accepted as well as bank transfer in advance. Credit cards: Visa, EC/MC, JCB, Diners Club, American Express. UK: EUR, GBP, USD accepted. The Service Provider accepts certain means of payment other than cash: bank transfer in advance, company cheques and travellers’ cheques. Credit cards: Visa, EC/MC, JCB, Diners Club, American Express.
Romania: EUR, HUF, RON and USD accepted, as well as bank transfer in advance. Credit cards: Visa, EC/MC, and Mastercard Debit Card.
7.5. Any costs related to any payment method are to be borne by the Contracting Party.
8. Terms and Conditions of Using the Hotel Services 8.1. The Guest can check in on the day of arrival after 2pm, and is requested to check out on the departure day before 12pm, excluding DHSR and hotels providing all-inclusive services, where the check out time is 11am.
8.2. Should the Guest wish to occupy the room before
6am in the case of hotels in Hungary 2pm in the case of hotels in Slovakia 8am in the case of hotels in Czech Republic 2pm in the case of hotel in United Kingdom 8am in the case of hotels in Romania
on the day of arrival, he/she will also be charged for the previous night.
9. Pets 9.1. Pets can generally be taken to the lodgings of the Service Provider. They can be kept in the rooms and use the common areas to access the rooms under the supervision of the Guest. However, they cannot be taken to any other premises (restaurant, swimming pool, etc). Certain hotels may deviate from this rule and apply total prohibition. 9.2. The Guest will be held fully liable for any damage caused by his/her pet. 9.3. Guide dogs are allowed. In Spa Piešťany additional charge of 11 EUR/night/small pet applies.
a) the Guest does not use the room or the building rendered for his/her use properly;
b) the Guest does not observe the security and order of the accommodation site, treats the employees in an objectionable or rough manner, is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and displays menacing, offensive or otherwise unacceptable behaviour;
c) the Guest has a contagious disease;
d) the Contracting Party does not meet his/her advance payment obligation by the agreed deadline.
10.2. the Contract between the parties cannot be honoured as a result of "force majeure".
11. Guarantee for Accommodation 11.1. In the event that the hotel of the Service Provider is at fault for failing to provide the services listed in the Contract (e.g. overbooking, temporary problems of operation, etc), the Service Provider is obliged to provide accommodation for the Guest without delay. 11.2. The Service provider is obliged: a) to provide/offer the services listed in the Contract at the rate and for the period confirmed - or until the conclusion of the incapacitation - in another place of accommodation of the same or of a higher category. Any additional costs for the replacement accommodation shall be borne by the Service Provider; b) to ensure the Guest is able to make a phone call free of charge to give notification of the change of accommodation should he/she need to do so; c) to ensure the Guest is transferred free of charge to the replacement accommodation, and back to the original accommodation should that become available again later. 11.3. If the Service Provider fully meets these obligations, and if the Guest has accepted the replacement accommodation, no subsequent claim for compensation will be accepted.
12. Disease or Death of the Guest 12.1. In the event that during the time of using the accommodation-service the Guest is taken ill and is not able to care for himself/herself on his/her own, the Service Provider is to offer medical help. 12.2. If the Guest falls ill or dies, the Service Provider will require a cost compensation from the dependant, heir or person settling his/her accounts, for the possible medical costs, the value of services used prior to the death and the incidental damages done to the equipment and furniture in the hotel related to the disease/death. Obligations of the Contracting Party
13. Rights of the Contracting Party 13.1. Pursuant to the Contract, the Guest is entitled to the proper use of the ordered room and establishments of the place of accommodation that belong to the usual service sphere, and are not under the effect of special conditions. 13.2. The Guest may complain about the performance of the services provided by the Service Provider during his/her stay at the place of accommodation. The Service Provider is obliged during this period to handle complaints justifiably sent to it in writing (or minuted by the Service Provider). 13.3. Any right to complaint by the Guest terminates after departure from the place of accommodation.
14. Obligations of the Contracting Party 14.1. The Contracting Party is obliged to settle the value of the contractually ordered services by the date and with the method laid down in the Contract. 14.2. The Guest will ensure that children under 14 (18 in the case of Danubius Hotel Regents Park) under his/her responsibility shall stay in the hotel of the Service Provider only under adult supervision. 14.3. The Guest shall not bring in any of his/her own food or drink to the food and beverage units of the hotel.
15. Compensation Liability of the Contracting Party The Guest shall be held liable for all damages and inconvenience suffered by the Service Provider or a third person as a result of the actions of the Guest, his/her escort or any person(s) under his/her responsibility. This liability remains in effect even if the aggrieved has the right to claim compensation for his/her damages directly from the Service Provider.
16. Rights of the Service Provider In Hungary: In the event that the Guest fails to meet his/her fee payment obligation related to the used services, or contractually ordered but not used services that carry a penalty, the Service Provider - to ensure the claim is met - has a right of pledge on the personal belongings the Guest has brought to the hotel.
In Czech Republic: In the event that the Guest does not live up to his/her fee payment obligation related to the used services, or contractually ordered but not used services that carry a penalty, the Service Provider - to ensure the claim is met - has the right to make the Guest sign a Statement of Acknowledgement of Debt.
In UK: Guest liability for their account is not waived and guests agree to be held personally liable in the event of full or partial non-payment.
a) provide the accommodation and others services ordered based on the Contract in line with the valid stipulations and service standards;
b) examine the written claim of the Guest and take steps to remedy the problem, which is also to be recorded in writing.
18. Compensation Liability of the Service Provider 18.1. The Service Provider shall be liable for all damages suffered by the Guest within the establishment and caused by the Service Provider or its employee. 18.1.1. The Service Provider shall not be liable for damages that are the result of an unavoidable cause beyond the control of the employees and the Guests of the Service Provider, or that have been caused by the Guest himself/herself. 18.1.2. The Service Provider may designate places in the hotel that Guests may not enter. The Service Provider will not be held liable for any damages or injuries caused in such places. 18.1.3. The Guest shall report to the hotel any damages suffered and provide the hotel all data necessary for clearing the claim, perhaps to be included in the police report/procedures. 18.2. The Service Provider shall also be liable for damages suffered by the Guest as a result of the loss, damage or destruction of his/her possessions if these possessions were put in places that are designated by the Service Provider or usually used for this purpose or in the Guest’s room or that were handed over to an employee of the Service Provider whom the Guest believed to be authorised to receive these possessions. 18.2.1. The Service Provider shall be liable for valuables, securities and cash only if the Service Provider has expressly taken possession of these things for safekeeping or the damages have occurred due to a cause for which the Service Provider is liable in accordance with the general rules and regulations. In such cases, the burden of proof lies with the Guest. 18.3. In Hungary: The extent of indemnification is fifty times the sum of the contractual daily room rate, except if the damage is less than that. In UK: Under the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956 (London Boroughs) the Service Provider may be liable for loss or damage to the Guest’s property even though it may not have been caused by Service Provider Staff or Proprietors. This is limited to those booking sleeping accommodation at the Hotel. The Hotel Proprietors Act 1956 (London Boroughs) limits the charge against the Service Provider to £750 per item or a total of £1,500, or the cost of the items, whichever is the lower, except in the case of articles covered under 19.2.1. and does not cover motor vehicles or items left in them, or live animals.
18.4. Local laws shall apply under certain circumstances.
19. Secrecy The Service Provider shall proceed according to the standards determined by the Data Handling Guide.
20. Force Majeure Any reason or circumstance (e.g.: war, fire, flood, rigours of weather, power shortage, strike) beyond the control of the Party (force majeure) excuses any Party from performing the obligations set in the Contract prior to this reason or circumstance existing. Parties agree to do everything in their power to limit the possibility of these reasons or circumstances occurring and to remedy the damage or delay caused by them as soon as possible.
21. Jurisdiction, Governing Law The legal relationship between the Service Provider and the Contracting Party shall be governed by the local law (Hungarian/Slovakian/Czech/Romanian Civil Code/English law). In any legal dispute arising from the service contract, the court is authorised at the location where the services are provided and declared to have competence to handle the issue. Jurisdiction is in the place where the service was rendered.