Top that! Experiences not to be missed
- Take a romantic evening cruise as the sun goes down over Lake Balaton.
- Visit the picturesque Tihany Peninsula, where you can walk cobbled streets lined with fishermen’s cottages and listen to an organ recital in the Benedictine abbey.
- Choose from a vast range of events, such as Wine Weeks and the Anna Ball in Balatonfüred, the Balaton Festival and Theatre Festival in Keszthely, or the Summer Festival in Veszprém.
- Lie back and relieve your aches with a dip in the nearby thermal lake at Hévíz.
- Try some Hungarian fish soup (halászlé) – a traditional speciality – in a quaint thatched inn.
- Experience a medieval-style tournament and a sumptuous banquet in the shadow of the castle at Sümeg.
- Duck into some of the cool cellars in Badacsony and sample the region’s delicious wines.