Tradition and the Present
Guests arrive at Mariánské Lázně to have, see and try a traditional spa treatment, which is based on the use of natural medicinal sources - mineral springs, peat, natural gas CO2 and very good climatic conditions.
Mineral springs are used for preparing mineral baths, drinking cures and inhalations. Natural medicinal Maria’s gas (99.7 % natural CO2) is applied in the form of dry carbon-dioxide gas baths and carbon-dioxide gas application. Peat is used in the form of peat wraps. For spa guests, a wide range of other spa procedures is also provided that uses the latest medical methods.
Marienbad Kur & Spa Hotels - Léčebné lázně Mariánské Lázně a.s., the largest spa company in Mariánské Lázně, offers you:
- Classical spa stays, vitalising, relaxing and beauty programmes, outpatient treatments;
- A combination of traditional spa treatments and modern spa procedures;
- More than 100 spa procedures in an overall area exceeding 20,000 m2;
- The use of local natural medicinal sources - mineral springs, peat and the naturally-occurring Maria’s gas;
- Administration of special Mariánské Lázně treatments (mineral baths, dry carbon-dioxide gas baths and carbon-dioxide gas applications), completely unique and singular in the world, owing to its composition of a high CO2 content.
- Individualised approach to spa guests, who are provided with comprehensive spa care, including the maximum-permitted use of the natural medicinal sources of Mariánské Lázně;
- Professional team of spa specialists and a qualified nursing staff;
- Wide range of quality accommodation and board in spa hotels Nové Lázně, Hvězda - Skalník, Pacifik, Centrální Lázně, Vltava - Berounka, Svoboda, Labe, and in the wellness hotel Villa Butterfly. Individual spa hotels have their own spa department, where the spa procedures, which use local natural medicinal sources, are provided. In addition, a team of spa specialists are at the guests’ disposal during the entire length of their stay.
Co-operation agreement with the First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague
The company Marienbad Kur & Spa Hotels - Léčebné lázně Mariánské Lázně a.s. is not only continuing to develop through traditional therapy, but with its new activities it is moving even further into the field of the modern spa industry. In the spirit of a long tradition of high proficiency in the Czech spa industry and the development of the Czech education system, a reciprocal co-operation agreement with the First Faculty of Medicine of Charles University in Prague began in 1996. It opened the door to an opportunity for a wide co-operation agreement to solve various research tasks and problems as well as problems from everyday practice.
The aspect of international partnerships, for which the University grounds are the best base, is also important. The company Marienbad Kur & Spa Hotels - Léčebné lázně Mariánské Lázně a.s. and the First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, has in this way become an educational centre for a new generation of spa workers, and a guarantee of their skills and abilities.