Tips & trips
- Make your way to Sighișoara and pay a visit to this lovely medieval city centre with its Citadel and Clock Tower. You can eat at the Dracula Restaurant and get several paintings from street vendors.
- Do not miss out on shopping in Corund, a town famous for its porcelain and pottery.
- Head to Târgu Mureș, the capital of Mureș County, which offers remarkable places to visit like the City Fortress and Roses’ Square.
- Stop to admire the beautiful Red Lake, (Lacu Rosu) with a number of stumps rising out of the water, and Bicaz Canyon – the most spectacular gorge in Romania, with rock walls as high as 300m.
- Take an excursion to the Valley of Nyárád and enjoy the delicious fresh trout prepared on the spot. It tastes best with garlic sauce.
- Try the ski slopes of the snowy Bucin (Bucsin) in winter, 8 km from Sovata, or celebrate New Year's Eve with your family and friends the traditional Transylvanian way!