Spend a perfect Spa holiday in a Hungarian Thermal Spa resort!
Spa resorts in Hungary
Spa resorts in Hungary
HUNGARY’S SPA HERITAGE
- A unique country blessed with the largest thermal and medicinal water reserves and the largest thermal bathing lake in the world
- A well-established bathing culture, combined with excellent and modern facilities for complete relaxation, refreshment or recovery
- A spa culture dating back to the Romans times, reflected in grand spas such as Gellért, Lukács, Margaret Island, and Széchenyi
- The atmosphere of history and tradition make Hungary a unique spa destination
NATURAL RESOURCES AND SIGNATURE TREATMENTS
1. Thermal Water
Rich in minerals and warmed by the heat of the earth’s interior, thermal spring water is prevalent below the surface of most of Hungary. The mineral content of the water varies depending upon location, with each area offering slightly different health benefits and effects. Through clinical studies and hundreds of years of experience, thermal water is known to be especially effective in the treatment of mobility disorders. In addition, the relaxation benefits of the water have made Hungary famous, attracting visitors to its many thermal spa complexes.
Signature treatment – Bathing in thermal water
Length of treatment: 20-30 minutes daily.
What to expect: A deep relaxing sensation and pain relief for aching muscles and joints.
Effects: Vary depending on location and the mineral content of the water; generally, however, it is known to be effective for the treatment of rheumatism, arthritis and other musculoskeletal complaints
2. The Famous Mud from Hévíz
In most of our Hungarian spas, mud from the natural thermal lake of Hévíz is used as a core signature treatment. The mud, soaked in the lake’s thermal water, comprises decomposed aquatic plants and sulphur, and has a high mineral content.
Signature treatment – Mud packs
Length of treatment: 20 minutes
What to expect: The body is covered in thick, hot mud (around 40ºC in temperature), and wrapped up tightly in a blanket. At first the body feels hot, but as it adjusts to the temperature there is an intense relaxation effect.
Effects: A reduction in muscle tension, pain and inflammation. The sulphur and minerals are absorbed through the skin to the ligaments and cartilage, promoting a healing reaction.
We have found 6 hotel(s) matching your criteria.
6 hotel(s) found
Check out our guide about best thermal baths in Budapest.