Danubius Hotel Astoria 100
Astoria 100 – 1914–2014
The Astoria Hotel – now a member of the Danubius Hotels chain and known officially as Danubius Hotel Astoria City Center, a jewel of the Classic Collection brand – is one of Budapest’s most prestigious hotels. It has stood for 100 years in the heart of the city at the Astoria, a junction named after it. The establishment was named by its first director, Mihály Gellér, a well known figure in the hospitality trade at the time. He proposed that the Budapest hotel be called Astoria because he had worked in the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York.
The present six-storey, 138-room four-star hotel opened on March 1914 and will celebrate its centenary. Many colourful programmes await guests during the anniversary year as we look back at important events in the Astoria over the past hundred years and open our doors to the next hundred years of renewal rooted in tradition. Exhibitions, cultural and gastronomic programmes and a series of open days will add special interest to each month of the centenary.
The restaurant of Danubius Hotel Astoria, celebrating its centenary in 2014, welcomes guests with its long traditions of hospitality spiced with a 21st century approach and dynamism, creative cuisine and the refined gastronomy of today.
Danubius Hotel Astoria
H-1053 Budapest, Kossuth L. u. 19-21.
Telefon: +36 1 889 6000 • Fax: +36 1 889 6091