Table of Contents
Every little girl dreams of finding her prince, a week-long wedding celebration and a romantic honeymoon. She dreams of the most beautiful moments in life, memorable events, which she will be able to tell her grandchildren about. We can not promise a prince, but we can boldly guarantee a perfect fairytale wedding venue in Budapest for today’s young ladies at specially selected Danubius Hotels – a romantic setting, exemplary service and faultless organisation, with everything considered, down to the tiniest detail.
Whether it be a small or large wedding, an elegant reception or a dinner lasting till dawn, the wedding planners at Danubius give special attention to ensure that this exceptional family event succeeds in every way at the best wedding venues in Budapest. Budapest is now rated as one of the most romantic settings in the world for a wedding and more and more couples are flying from countries abroad such as the UK to the Hungarian capital for their big day.
The capital, Budapest is known as the ‘Pearl of the Danube’ and there are many places around the city that are perfect as a backdrop for wedding photography. It’s not just the beautiful scenery and ornate Art Nouveau architecture that tempts couples to tie the knot here. Budapest also offers unique facilities such as the Gellért Hotel’s world-famous and historic thermal bath spa, and also excellent services, professional photographers, hairdressers, couturiers, DJs, musicians and chauffeurs all ready and waiting to help make the day really special. First-class wedding suppliers such as chefs, sommeliers, pâtissiers and hotel receptionists and concierges do their utmost to help those who’ve chosen Budapest as their perfect venue, in which to unite in matrimony.
How does the young couple start planning for their big day?
Once they have made a list of the guests to be invited to the wedding, they must start the search for the perfect venue. In Hungary’s wonderfully romantic capital of Budapest, Danubius Hotels Group has many hotels, which make a gorgeous setting for a wedding. When deciding where to get married in Budapest, couples will be spoilt for choice in Budapest, where there is a fabulous range of venues and styles.
The Castle District, home to the Hilton Budapest, is lined with historic buildings. If you are looking for a special outdoor wedding venue in the heart of the Buda Castle District, you can’t do better than choose the Hilton Budapest for the most special day of your life. The ingenious architects of the hotel combined the 13th-century Dominican monastery with the construction of the modern building, so that the Dominican courtyard becomes a stunning setting for wedding ceremonies. The Hilton Budapest’s rooms and terraces offer breathtaking views of the Fisherman’s Bastion and the River Danube beyond, the iconic Chain Bridge, Margaret Island, the impressive Parliament building and the green Buda Hills.
Did you know that the Buda Castle District is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List? The Hilton is a truly romantic place, with unparalleled surroundings and impeccable service. The recently renovated, elegant ballroom is an ideal venue for a gathering and 250 guests can sit in comfort and enjoy the big day. A separate, private room offers a view that resembles a beautiful painting of the River Danube and the city stretching out beyond and this room can hold 15 -100 wedding guests in comfort and style.
If your dream of a perfect wedding includes an elegant wedding dinner in a fancy setting, then the answer to your wishes can be found at the Hotel Astoria City Center or the historic Danubius Hotel Gellért. The Gellért celebrates its 100th birthday this year, while the Astoria is even older. Legendary walls, historic surroundings, beautiful architectural details and excellent wedding menu options help the young couple have the most beautiful wedding.
The Danubius Hotel Astoria’s impressive Empire Room is an excellent choice for wedding receptions, providing a comfortable venue for 80 to 160 people. The head chef at the Café Astoria creates delicious wedding menus tailored to each special occasion. Those who ask for a genuine Hungarian wedding menu will not be disappointed and they can taste a huge selection of taste treats and dishes typical of a huge wedding party in the Hungarian countryside.
In fact, even in the bustling heart of downtown Budapest, wedding planners don’t have to give up the dream of a lush, green wedding ceremony as the Károlyi Gardens in nearby Pest’s 5th district can easily be included in the wedding ceremony. This gorgeous, romantic English garden is a stunning backdrop for wedding photography of the couple and also as a romantic setting for the pre-reception ceremony.
Danubius Hotel Gellért is a legendary hotel in the 11th district on the Buda banks of the Danube. Within these historic walls, countless happy couples have said ‘I do’. Potential guests should personally visit the six private rooms, taste the chef’s delicious creations and admire the breathtaking panorama. When preparing for the big day, the young couple and their wedding planners can through the photo galleries and learn about all the possibilities. On the wedding day, the young couple can get ready for the celebration in one of Gellért’s comfortable, well-appointed rooms. They can relax at the Gellért Thermal Baths, take advantage of all the services the beauty salon with pampering treatments and be sure of perfect make-up and hairstyle for the big day. Every bride wants to look her best on her day, and the wedding dress and wedding hair are an absolutely essential thing to get right.
Danubius Hotels can suggest a talented Hungarian designer, who can create a princess’s outfit in silk and lace, that will turns all the heads and leave guests wiping away a tear at the pivotal moment when she walks down the aisle. Various flower shops in Budapest offer fragrant, colourful and tasteful bridal bouquets with the perfect blooms to garnish any occasion. In the meantime, the experienced staff at Danubius remove all the stress for the couple, by taking over control of the preparing for the wedding and making every effort to ensure that the wedding reception is carefree and perfect.
Wedding at a hotel? Why?
Some people may wonder why couples decide to choose a wedding at a hotel for the big day.
It’s a great idea, because a hotel provides not only a wedding venue, but the accommodation, food and much, much more. Wedding packages ensure that the big day goes smoothly, and everything is organised by professionals, leaving the happy couple and their guests free to enjoy every moment of their special day in a spectacular setting. It is also a more financially sensible way. At Danubius, the staff understand that this event is one of the most important days for the whole family, so it must be lavish and spectacular, but at the same time carefully budgeted.
Some people might wonder why their friends opt for international weddings, but if it’s such a once-in-a-lifetime occasion, why not push the boat out a little and make it extra special?
- The range of low-cost airlines fly the couple and their wedding guests to the beautiful city of Budapest. Budget airlines such as Wizzair and Ryanair ensure that nobody gets left behind on the big day.
- The wedding can be held in a historic and stunning venue making the day even more memorable for the bride and groom and also all the family and friends.
- A real Hungarian wedding will turn the day into an event that nobody will ever forget.
- These Budapest hotels, provide a fairytale wedding venue and also the accommodation all in one.
- The young couple will receive the most beautiful honeymoon suite as a gift, and discounted room bookings are available for the bridesmaids, best man, and all other members of the wedding party.
Wedding offers in Budapest
If you have already started dreaming of your perfect Budapest hotel wedding, then check out all the tempting wedding offers from Danubius Hotels in Budapest.
Wedding planners, along with the happy couple can see four Danubius wedding venues right away – whether virtually via the Internet, in person on a weekend break trip before the big event, or even at the Wedding [Expo] Show in February [at London Olympia 16-18 February 2018] or the National Weddings Show [at London Excel 14-15 April 2018]. Here, visitors can see Danubius wedding venues right away. Visit the Danubius Hotel Astoria, Danubius Hotel Gellért and the Danubius Hotel Arena wedding booths!
International weddings in Budapest usually last from two to five days so planning such an event is definitely not a one-man – or woman! – show. The lovebirds will need wedding planners who are professional and also honest and responsive, especially when answers to questions are needed right away. Treating your loved one to a wedding in one of the most romantic and beautiful cities in Europe – if not the World! – is the perfect way to say “I love you”. The hotels are large enough to accommodate all your guests, while the city offers endless attractions to amuse visitors once the reception is over and the party.
Love is in the air and there are few times in our lives that are as exciting as the months and weeks of wedding preparations leading up to the big day. It’s only natural that couples want everything to be about them and their day. The event should reflect their personalities, and also the wedding should be a memorable occasion for all the guests who know and love the happy couple. Danubius Hotels are expert at devising and suggesting creative wedding themes, so that the day will be a little different and every guest will take home a special memory. Whether you are planning a homely marriage ceremony or a large-scale wedding, the wedding venues of Danubius Hotels will turn this special occasion into a truly memorable one.
Sit back, relax and let Danubius take care of every detail to guarantee you the perfect day.
The experienced Danubius staff can assist matrimonial pairs and their families and friends in organising a stress-free, unforgettable luxury Budapest wedding and also cater to the most unusual and unexpected requests. There are no assignments too small, from well-organised and prepared couples to those who only choose Budapest at the very last minute, Danubius will have all-inclusive wedding packages to suit every taste and style.
- Danubius Hotels’ experienced wedding planners can also help with the paperwork and advise on the legal requirements for getting married in Hungary. It may seem daunting at first, but everything will go smoothly if you let Danubius take the strain.
- To create a lasting memory of this most special occasion, it is very important to find the right wedding photographer. Picking the right photographer and or videographer guarantees that there will be a record of the event that will last a lifetime. Some couples choose just a photographer and this is fine, but these days in this technologically advanced world, hiring a videographer too will not stretch the budget unduly. When choosing the person to document your day, ask the photographer to show you a complete wedding from the early preparation right through until the end rather than just taking a peek at the collection of the best pictures. Also ask yourself what you like particularly about photos and videos and what are the most important elements for you. Do you like arty photos, or ones with humour and lots of colour and action? Do you want stylised, posed wedding photographs or more informal shots from behind the scenes? Or do you like both?
- After the serious moments of the wedding ceremony, the happy couple and their guests will naturally want to relax and let their hair down.
- Having fun is a serious business and the choice of entertainment is an important element of the day.
- The wedding music, whether it be a dj or a live band, provides just the right ambience and mood to get the party started.
- Transport before and after the wedding is another important element. Danubius Hotels can advise on the choice of wedding cars and provide recommendations. Some couples prefer a chauffer-driven white stretch limousine, while others may choose a classic car, such as an early 20th century Ford. As Budapest is such a historic city, a horse-drawn carriage clip-clopping across the cobblestones is a particularly photogenic way to leave the party and set off on honeymoon.
Danubius Hotels can suggest a range of services and weddings will go with a swing here in beautiful Budapest. At Danubius, the hotel’s event manager will provide the happy couple with the expert assistance required to turn dreams into a reality. Danubius Hotels’ expert staff take care of everything, from the wedding supper to the decorations, the wedding music and entertainment for the little ones, so all you need to do is say “I do”.