The whole Danubius family has always upheld the most exacting levels of housekeeping across all our properties and are committed to delivering highest cleanliness standards. Since Coronavirus COVID-19 began impacting on all our lives, we have widened our passion for cleaning perfection to every member of the team, both front and back of house. We will deliver a new awareness and cleaning training programme to every team member at our hotel which will be updated and refreshed on a daily basis at team briefings to ensure that our ongoing commitment to hygiene remains the top priority for both the team and our guests. We will ensure that any changes and official guidance on the management of the COVID-19 public health risk are communicated immediately.
In the face of this challenge, we have introduced more frequent cleaning intervals, reviewed all cleaning products for efficacy against Coronavirus and ensured that all cleaning processes take into consideration chemical contact times to ensure effective sanitisation of this health risk.
We have reviewed and adjusted our operating processes in every department, both front and back of house, to ensure that we have minimised the opportunity for cross contamination of individuals - our guests, our team, and suppliers. This will inevitably affect some of the services and personal interactions which have occurred in the past and whilst this may limit some of the things we have previously done, we are certain that both our guests and team will agree that safety comes first.
Ultimately the situation and official advice changes daily and we will continue to adapt our procedures accordingly. We remain committed to ensuring that our team stay safe whilst our guests enjoy a great experience during these unfamiliar times.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have enhanced our high standards to a new level across all aspects of our hotel operations.
The change we have implemented are based on the guidance we have received from HM Government, Public Health England, and the National Health Service, supported by industry specific advice from UK Hospitality.
We can confirm that we have complied with the government’s ‘COVID-19 Secure’ guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 in the workplace. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance and advice, our internal operating practices and protocols will be continuously reviewed and immediately updated. The information detailed below may therefore change without notice.
As we are managing a Public Health issue, we expect the full support and co-operation of all our stakeholders - our guests, our team, and our business partners. Only through our collective efforts can we successfully combat the spread of COVID-19 and keep each other safe and healthy.
- Temperature checks will be taken daily on arrival at work.
- All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell
- All team members will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating
- All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate
- The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible
Our Valued Guests
- Please respect the social distancing measures in place
- Use of Face Coverings will be in place in public areas, Reception, corridors and lifts.
- We have cleaned and sanitised your bedroom with extra care.
- We have removed and minimised non-essential items to reduce any contamination risk. Additional items can be requested from Housekeeping during your stay.
- Please feel free to take any away any amenity bottles that are partially used as they will be disposed of when you depart
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom
- Please utilise the SMART TV in your room to view menus and services available.
- Cash will not be accepted, unless arranged by prior agreement
- The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained
- Room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place in all common areas.
- Signage is displayed in all public areas to reinforce social distancing message.
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations are provided at each entrance and in key public area (front desk, bar, lift lobbies).
- Housekeeping will be available on request only, guests to vacate room and ventilate prior to housekeeping staff entering
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (Doorknobs, TV Remote, fridge)
- The Duty Manager is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guest COVID-19 related queries
- We have flexible terms and conditions for all individual bookings whereby you can cancel 48 hours prior to arrival for a full refund. For group and event bookings please speak directly to the hotel, our terms remain the same
Our Business Partners
- We will be receiving visitors and contractors to site by appointment in advance only
- You will be asked to submit your COVID 19 Risk assessment 24 hours prior to arrival
- Deliveries will only be received at the door; suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment
- Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only. No contractor use of welfare facilities is permitted
General Practices & Protocols
Food & Beverage
- Inside our bar and restaurants, we will only be accommodating a maximum of two households per table up to a maximum of 6 guests. If you are from more than two households and over 6 people, you will be required to sit on separate tables to adhere to the guidelines set out by UK Government.
- We have reduced the number of tables in the bar.
- We have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest use of seating areas.
- We have suspended all buffets. Breakfast will be available from an a la carte menu in the Pavilion bar from 7.00 to 10.00 am Monday to Friday and 7.00 to 1030 am Saturday and Sunday.
- We are offering a breakfast ‘to go’ option for breakfast
- The Pavilion Bar will open from 4.00 to 10.00 pm daily for food service and to 10.30 pm for beverage service.
- Salt and pepper shakers will be removed and available on request. They will be sanitized after each use
- We will not accept cash payments unless arranged by prior agreement
- We will use bottled beers/ciders, no draught items will be available to limit the handling of products.
- We have expanded our Room Service menu. Room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door.
- Single use menus will be in place across all outlets.
- The gym will be bookable in advance at Reception. Maximum capacity is 4 at any time.
- A Hand sanitising station is in place at the entrance to the Gym.
- All areas of the Gym will be disinfected at regular interval by our Housekeeping team throughout the day.
- We require you to sanitise equipment after use with the sanitising wipes provided.
- Please adhere to Signage for social distancing.
- Work out mats will be removed
- Towels will be removed, please take a towel from your room.
- Please arrive at the Gym in your fitness attire
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice
- Luggage handling will be modified to promote the safety of our guests and team
Our team’s commitment to you
- All team members are required to: -
- Stay home when unwell
- Practice good personal hygiene including regular hand washing
- Maintain social distance
- Wear PPE where appropriate
- Follow the company’s COVID-19 Operating procedures
- We have staggered our team’s shifts and days of service and have reduced the total staff count by promoting work from home for those whose roles allow for it
- Implemented a standard that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks with more than two team members assigned unless they are working outside
- Our team have and will receive ongoing training
- Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
Finally, we ask that as a guest at Danubius you commit to:
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
Please use hand sanitisers placed throughout the hotel
We ask that everyone respects the 1m+ social distancing guidance, not because we don't love you...but because we do!
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us.
We can’t wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well.
Still have questions? Get in touch: